Corpus Christi Geological SocietyThere are 14 products.
Geologists in the Corpus Christi area began to hold local meetings in 1936, although they were still part of the South Texas Geological Society and 1936 is considered the beginning of the Corpus Christi Geological Society. In 1942, World War II had started, gasoline and tires were rationed, and it became difficult for geologists to travel between Corpus Christi and San Antonio. Geologists from the Corpus Christi area decided to start their own society separate from the South Texas Geological Society. The Corpus Christi Geological Society started in 1942 with 42 charter members, but they considered 1936 as the official beginning of the Society. The late W. Armstrong Price was elected the first president in 1942. The South Texas Geological Society continues in San Antonio.