List of products by manufacturer Corpus Christi Geological Society (CCGS)

Geologists in the South Texas area joined together to advance the science of geology. They met in San Antonio and did not adopt a name until the San Antonio Geological Society was organized March 24, 1929. It first hosted the annual American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Convention in 1931.


Later, the name of the San Antonio Geological Society was changed to the South Texas Geological Society and meetings were held in both Corpus Christi and San Antonio. Geologists from Beeville, Pleasanton, Laredo, and other south Texas cities were members.


Geologists in the Corpus Christi area began to hold local meetings in 1936, although they were still part of the South Texas Geological Society and 1936 is considered the beginning of the Corpus Christi Geological Society. In 1942, World War II had started, gasoline and tires were rationed, and it became difficult for geologists to travel between Corpus Christi and San Antonio. Geologists from the Corpus Christi area decided to start their own society separate from the South Texas Geological Society. The Corpus Christi Geological Society started in 1942 with 42 charter members, but they considered 1936 as the official beginning of the Society. The late W. Armstrong Price was elected the first president in 1942. The South Texas Geological Society continues in San Antonio. W. Carlton Weaver may have been the last surviving charter member of both the South Texas and the Corpus Christi Geological Societies.


For information on membership contact:
Randy Bissell, membership@ccgeo.org, or Phone (361) 885-0110
Headington Oil Company LLC
500 N. Shoreline, Ste 902 N. Twr.
Corpus Christi, Texas 78401


http://www.ccgeo.org/

More
Showing 1 - 11 of 11 items
Showing 1 - 11 of 11 items